Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Parmesan Roasted Green Beans

I must admit, I am a little obsessed with green beans.  I guess that's because my mom always knew how to dress them up and they always seemed to be one of the tastier vegetables.  Well, I now have tons of green bean recipes, but this seems to be one of the favorites among everyone.  Every time we have dinner guests, my boyfriend asks me to make these green beans for them.  And every single time they are a hit!  I don't think one person has walked away without asking for this recipe.  So here it is!



Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
8 oz Green Beans
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Parmesan Cheese

Preheat oven to 400.  Trim off the ends of green beans if necessary (I usually buy the bags of green beans that already have the ends cut off).  Put the green beans in a medium sized mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil and a little salt & pepper.  Mix this all together and then lay the green beans in a single layer onto a cookie sheet.  Sprinkle with a generous amount of Parmesan Cheese and let it bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes!  They will be nice and crispy on the outside, yet still tender on the inside.  You can also add some more cheese on top right before you serve them, but I always put on more than enough before baking.

I personally feel these are better than french fries (and I lOVE fries, especially with some vanilla ice cream.. mmm:)... but lets not get into that!).  These green beans have that salty, crunchy feel of fries, but are so much healthier, and so much tastier! ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Instagram: @PaintedPrettyDesigns
Twitter: @PaintedPrettyD

No comments:

Post a Comment