Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cheap, Easy, DELICIOUS Meal

When I was pregnant, I often thought of life after the baby.  I'd be the perfect mom and housewife.  My house would be sparkling, I'd have dinner on the table for when my man gets home, my baby would be well bathed and in bed sleeping like an angel, and I would finally get my body back (only a little bit sleeker and sexier!).  Man was I in for a rude awakening!

Lets just say that up until recently my house looked like a bomb went off, and it's still not at that "sparkling" point of where I want it.  I'm finally just starting to workout again (3 months later!  And with a ton of stretch marks I might add), and I'm just starting to get the hang of nap time.  What's even better is that I'm able to start cooking some dinner again (when baby doesn't want to eat or isn't cranky).  One thing that is on my menu every single week (I kid you not!) is this simple mexican dish.

My mom even has me making extra and bringing it to her house now!  It's a hit all around.  Even for picky eaters, like myself! lol

Mexican Chicken Lettuce Wrap




What you need:

  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 1 1/2 cups salsa
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • Lettuce leaves
  • Shredded cheese
  • Sour cream
1. Add oil in a large skillet and cook onion until it's softened. Add the garlic and cook and stir for 30 seconds. 

2. Add the chicken, beans, corn, salsa, chili powder and cumin and heat until chicken is cooked thorougly. Stir in lime juice right before serving.

3. Place a portion of the chicken mixture in lettuce leaf and top with shredded cheese and sour cream.

OH SO YUMMY!!  And OH SO EASY!! :)



 Inspired by Taste of Home

No comments:

Post a Comment