Thursday, January 16, 2014

Handmade Goo Gone

So, I just purchased a fruit infuser water bottle.  With a baby, I thought it'd be best to ditch the juices and soda, and try to create my own naturally flavored water.  It's healthier for me and baby boy and I'm setting a good example :).

Well I normally make a big thing of it in a huge mason jar, but I figured I'd purchase a water bottle for those quick times I want to just shove some fruit in there and run some errands.  All while still getting my daily dose of fruit infused water!

Well I got the water bottle in the mail today and it has sticky labels all over it (labels that obviously aren't supposed to stay on the bottle).  I tried my best to peal the labels off, but of course, it was nearly impossible to get it all.  I felt like I would be there for hours scraping away at it, and even then, I'm sure there'd still be a gross residue left!



I went into my pantry and found a very cheap and quick way to get that label off!

And guess what you need?  Only TWO ingredients!  Both of which you probably most definitely already have in your home...



Vegetable Oil & Baking Soda

It's a 1:1 ratio.  I only needed a little bit, so I used a 1 teaspoon of each and mix them both together (in a little baby-sized party cup that I bought for my son!  He refuses sippy cups :/ )

Put a nice generous layer over your sticky spot, let it stand for 5-10 minutes and then just rinse with some warm water!  Voila!!  No Goo Gone needed.



*There are many functions I've used this cup for.  You can see it here, being the holder for my Valentine's Day contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment