Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Simply Perfect Morning Routine

As some of you might know, living with an 11 week old could be quite tough at times.  You have midnight feedings and diaper changes and everyone says, "nap when he naps!", but we all know that is next to impossible.  I have a house to clean, dinner to cook and not to mention, he is a terrrrrrible napper! So, as you can imagine, I look like a walking zombie in the morning.  So what do I do?  Put my mask on and continue on my day like a normal person.  

My routine consists of inexpensive (but awesome!) drugstore items, which will work for anyone on a budget!  Let's get started!


I start my morning with a refreshing shower to wake me up (baby is in his snuggabunny, watching baby einstein's on my ipad [which is propped up on the toilet!])

Thankfully, he is obsessed with TV (shame on me!) so I have time to shave and do all that :)



Tip of the day: use baby oil instead of shaving cream!  I've never felt smoother, my razor blade has never lasted longer, AND I have yet to see an ingrown hair since! :)  Plus I go through sOoOo much shaving cream!  This at least lasts a little longer before I have to buy a new bottle.

Also, the face wash I use? OMG.  I've always had problems with my skin, so I've spent plentyyy of money on department store products, none with too much success.  Then one day I was shopping in my local Trader's Joe's (quality health foods for cheap!!) when I decided to try their face wash.  I picked up Trader Joe's Nourish All-In-One Facial Cleanser, and wow!  I love it!  It leaves my skin baby soft, no more pimples, and it helps fight against aging!  Plus, it's only $5.99.  What a steal!

But ok, now to my beauty routine:

I start with a moisturizer (haven't quite found one that I'm in love with yet).  Then I apply the Aquaphor Healing Ointment on any open acne wounds.  It heals them by the next day!

Since I still have acne scars, I use a liquid foundation to cover up all the redness, but go over that with Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Pressed Powder in Translucent.  It has an SPF in it, which I love.  Sun is the number one contributor to fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots.  Not to mention skin cancer!  I also keep one of these powders in my bag for those little touch ups during the day.

Next is my bronzer.  I don't use blush, and after using the powder, my face definitely needs some color!  Don't laugh at me, but I use Wet 'n' Wild Ultimate Bronzer.  It is such a fantastic colored bronzer with little shimmery specs in it.  Since it's the summer, I absolutely lOVE when my face gives off a glimmery glow in the light of the sun.  This is perfect for that look.

I don't really have time to go crazy with my eyeshadows like how I used to, so I only spruce up my eyes with liner and mascara.  I use the Revlon Liquid Liner on the top to create that winged out, cat eye look (but I don't go crazy, just a little wing is necessary), and I use Wet 'n' Wild Eyeliner pencil on the bottom waterline.  For my lashes I recently switched from Estee Lauder to L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black.  With just these three item's my eyes look brighter and more awake and alert!  Just what I need to fake the world out ;)  Oh!  I forgot to mention.  I also use a Revlon Lash Curler.  A little trick to make your eyes look brighter is to bring the mascara wand out towards your ears when you brush them through your lashes.  And apply more mascara to the outer corners!

The only thing I apply to my lips is (once again) the Aquaphor Healing Ointment.  Nothing makes my lips feel smoother.


Last but not least, my hair:

My hair is cut in a way so that I have long layers (with the shortest being chin length).  I actually just got rid of my side bangs because I can only imagine how annoying they would be with a baby.  I breastfeed and I know they would only get in the way.  

So, I use Psssssst Instant Dry Shampoo for the days I don't make it into the shower. :/ (C'mon!  We're all guilty of having these days!)

When I want beachy waves, I throw in some texturizing balm.

And, no matter what, I always used the L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray.  It does smell a tad funky, but it's worth it!  My hair stays frizz-free and in place.  I'm also able to run my fingers through it smoothly, AND it makes my hair so silky!  Plus the smell seems to disappear by the time I'm out of the bathroom (although, I don't know if it's just me getting used to it). 

TA-DA! 





And that's my beauty routine on a budget!  I'm able to pretend I've gotten a good night's rest and I didn't have to break my bank while doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment